Friday, January 30, 2004

Have this one hour break in between two pairs of classes. I planned it that way on purpose, so I could at least have a chance to eat lunch or something. The cafe down stairs stopped serving my favorite pies. So I'm stuck with these generic brands and they really aren't as good. In about 20 minutes, it's back off to the horse track. Got a T.A. session for history, and I actually did the reading for it.

I really can't handle being in libraries for too long. After 30 minutes or so, I get this anxiety feeling. Feel like I have to burn something. It must be that I'm surrounded by paper and more paper. I usually try to leave around that time. Thoe other night I had to go to the physics and math library here on campus because I haven't purchased my book for my matrices class. Spent an hour there, but it didn't feel like an ordinary library. It felt like a room full of knowledge. Like a room telling me all the secrets of science and its unknowns. I felt like a real college student.

This building I am going to next has real old-fashioned architecture. I love it. It makes me think of the late 1800s and how college students felt back then. The room I am in has the generic desk found in every cartoon, the chalkboards on more than one wall, and the very plain windows. Nothing at all is fancy in the room. It's so plain, I like it.

I still need to go get basketball shoes. I miss it, and my body misses it as well. I have a mini hoop and ball in the dorm room, but it's just not the same. I want to go to the gym and do my shooting drills. Last spring semester, every other day I would go to the outdoor courts and shoot at least 150 shots. I'd also try at least 30 from the college 3 point arc. I haven't done that at all this semester, and I really want to. I need to know if I've improved, and what to improve next. One week my mid-range jumper is falling through, but my post moves will suck. Then the next week, my post-ups will be perfect, and my 3 point shots will suck. I'm waiting for the day when I'm solid at all spots on the court. I don't think it's too far away.

Friday. Friday is a good day. Two more classes left. I think I can make it.