Monday, January 26, 2004

There are things out there that happen, and it's out of our control. We can't control when we are happy, when we are sad, or when we are just kinda "bleh." We are forced to accept these things.

When I don't want to feel a particular way, I try to relive a memory from my past. When I feel lonely, I think back to the times when I wasn't lonely, and had a special someone. When I'm sad, I try to think about my animals back home. My cats are crazy and my dog is too funny. When I'm happy, I try to figure out what's making me happy so I can use it later.

It's like having a memory box. You can put your current emotions into it and save it for later. When I get a test back, I close my eyes and try to burn the image into my mind. When I talk to a female that is actually listening to me and keeping eye contact, I record it in my mind. Then, when I need it most, I think about it. It helps that I kept track of a year and a half of my life on paper. Now I have nearly 6 months of this blog to remind me of all the peaks and valleys of my emotions.

The other thing I do is assosciate music with a particular event. For instance, when I hear A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras, I remember being at my band's Winter Dance back in 2000. I remember telling a certain someone, "I can sing this song perfectly, and I would do it only for you." I remember dancing with her, going to her house that night and again the following day. I try not to go past that though, as the following parts make me mad.

Here are some lyrics that could help:

"You've seen it all, and all you have seen,
You can always review on your own little screen,
The light and the dark, the big and the small,
Just keep in mind you have no more at all."

Bjork with Thom Yorke - "I Have Seen It All"