Saturday, January 24, 2004

I can't believe it. After I wrote that last post, I quit watching the Spurs game. I go to ESPN.com just now, and I find out they lost by 2. It's exactly what I wished for. I hope this is the beginning to their downward spiral. People, they really aren't that good. I have them finishing out of the top 4 when playoff time comes. There are 5 'elite' teams in the west (4 if you ask me) and someone has to take the 5th seed or lower. I'm going to go ahead and hand it to the Spurs. What are my prediction for seedings, you ask?

1. Sacramento (I don't think they'll lose enough games to be caught up on.)
2. Dallas (A win over Sacramento tomorrow will prove they have started clicking.)
3. Minnesota (They have a lead in the midwest, and I only see one team challenging that.)
4. Lakers (More injuries to come. Their hole is getting bigger as we speak.)
5. Denver (Sleeper to make some win streaks and grab the 5th spot.)
6. Spurs (I don't see them dropping below the 6th seed. Unless they really do lose the rest of their games.)
7. Houston (Yao will lead them to the playoffs this year.)
8. Memphis (Another team has to make it, and they are the best of the rest.)

I especially like these match-ups. Dallas - Houston first round, no team really has a real road trip. I like Minnesota - Spurs because whoever comes out of it will face Dallas in the second round. That being said, I'd rather see San Antonio win. Minnesota can be scary. Lakers - Denver really fits with the whole Kobe case. Imagine the 'boo's when they played in Denver. Sacramento - Memphis is an easy win for Sacramento.

In the second round, I want Dallas - San Antonio. It'll be sweet revenge for last year. Dallas in a sweep. Sacramento - Lakers. Classic match-up, with Sacramento winning in game 7. It will set the 2002 playoffs right.

In the conference finals, I want Dallas - Sacramento. High-scoring entertaining basketball. The ratings would shoot through the roof. And it heightens the rivalry. I would like to see Dallas win, but I am happy either way. Who am I kidding, I'd be miserable if Dallas were to lose.

Don't even mention NBA finals. Whoever comes out of the east is a lamb for the slaughter. It's true. The top two teams are on 2 game losing streaks as of this night. They aren't that good. In fact, those top two teams won't make it out of the first round. You heard it here folks. If I'm right come May, I want rose petals at my feet and a million dollars.