Sunday, January 25, 2004

Dallas got the win and got their eighth straight win. It's amazing. They really are playing that damn good. I looks like things are clicking a lot more than what was happening a week ago. Walker took good shots and didn't just toss his balls in the air. Yes, I worded it that way on purpose. Nash played very aggressively and it made a big difference. The match-up between the point guards was won by Nash single-handedly. Dirk looked good in the game, but I wish Nellie would have had him play defense against Divac. That always turns into something funny. Technicals would be handed out like bible pamphlets on a college campus. Finley shot exceptionally well and that helped as well. I don't think Jamison got very many shots, but he put forth enough effort. Overall, I was very pleased with this game, and it was exactly what it was meant to be. A high scoring shoot-out.

First full week of classes starts tomorrow. The first few days went smoothly, with the one exception of changing my schedule. Now that it is set in stone, I can stop worrying about what I am going to do. Although, I do need to go to the music department and see about taking some more involved music classes. I really need to touch up my composing and what-not. I haven't touched an instrument in two years, but it feels like forever.

Got me some more Coltrane. I love his CD "A Love Supreme." The whole idea that Coltrane played as if he were talking to God just makes me want to play jazz even more. I try to picture Coltrane face to face with God and just expressing his thoughts with his sax. Then, I imagine myself with a French Horn playing for God. I'm not good enough, but I plan to get better.

Index finger just popped, and it didn't hurt. Last summer my index finger got jammed pretty bad while I was playing ball. Ever since then, whenever I tried to pop it, it hurts like hell. So I stopped popping that knuckle. Now the pain is gone. All that's left to heal is my knees, but that's going to require some gym work. Gotta strengthen those tendons. Maybe put on 10 - 15 pounds, and I'll be twice as good as I am now.