Thursday, January 08, 2004

What an interesting scenario...

I'm going to be an uncle. This will take place some time in May. It is a boy, so I'm that much happier. I'm not ready to start thinking of helping my brother screen possible dates during a girl's teenage years. Because it is a boy, I will be able to share the things I love most with him when he is old enough to appreciate them. Things such as sports, specifically basketball, music, and I cannot wait until I am able to drive him wherever and point out females to him. My dad did such things with me, except for music thankfully, and I turned out OK. Of course, I'm not the father, but I have a feeling I will be a more involved uncle. I can hear it now. "Let's go visit Uncle Andy!" Greatness.

But what makes this such an interesting scenario is the timeline of events for May. A baby is due. My cousin is graduating from high school. And the events conflict quite a bit. One will take place in Austin. One will take place in El Paso.

This baby has already granted me one favor.

I do not like my cousin much. In the recent years, I have been forced to "hang around" with him whenever my family went to El Paso. He is two years younger than me, but the maturity gap is much wider. Whereas he would find more fun in putting firecrackers in his mouth and spitting them out one moment before they explode, I would rather have a mixed drink and tell interesting anecdotes to my friends. I know I know, this is a bit of an exaggeration. Well, not the firecracker thing. I can imagine it as clear as day. But we are two completely different people, and we act two different ways.

Once he pissed me off. So I punched him. Good times. I'm not really a violent person. I try to avoid confrontations as much as possible. But he really needed it.

He does such immature things, like neglecting to do house chores "because." I scold him for it, and my family labels me as the bad guy. They say I'm too bossy. All I'm trying to do is make him realize that it is time to grow up and become an adult. But you can't yell at a daisy to make it bloom. And he is so brittle. Like a daisy. What a coincidence...

Mavericks play in about...19 hours. They better win. They have a 4 game series against Eastern Conference opponents. If they lose just one, I'm going to lose it.

"Grrr" as in angry? I don't like the sound of that one bit. By the which, in one week, give or take one day, I will be back in Austin. I cannot wait to start this new semester. I have a feeling that things will pick up when I get back. I feel like a totally different person. I do not know why. Maybe it's the extra peanut butter in my PB&J sandwiches. Could be my hair. I need a hair cut. I think I'll do that next thursday. I don't know what color I shoud add in. I've had dark blonde and dark red. Both looked really good. Decisions decisions.

One last bit of post. I thank Lora (link to the right, AmorYmiel) for the quote. It makes sense in my head, and I now think that the dream was just a vision of the one thing I want. Perfection. My definition of perfection. It's in the archives people. For you lazy bastards, it's November 10th's post. Do I have to do the work?

Oh, wait, I do.