Monday, January 12, 2004

Well. the Mavs won tonight in a very dramatic game, yet I feel so bitter.

The Mavs shots the lights out from beyond the arc. It was amazing. 3 out of their first 4 shots were 3's. Of those three, 2 went down. The complete opposite of what happened with Detroit. When they needed stops, they played good defense and got the ball back. Overtime victory. When the Knicks got those 6 points in 6 seconds, I thought to myself, "20 point lead, and now they are going to lose." Yes, I know. I completely lost faith. But they were tired, and I caught a picture of Dirk holding his stomach. They pulled through, and I am hoping that a win in the toughest arena, MSG, will finally set them on the right path. The next game is Wed. against AI and the 76ers in Dallas. If Nash's back feels better by then, I expect a total ass whipping.

I spent last night in Arlington. It was a very good evening, and I feel that it served me well. When I left this afternoon, I felt better about finally communicating with some of my friends. The past was described in minutes, and jokes were made. So far, the highlight of the past few weeks. I leave Friday, and I am hoping to see these guys one more time. But who knows...

So why am I bitter?

I'd hate to describe the situation, because the participating parties read this blog and it is obvious who the references would be about. But know this. I feel wanted, and I feel bad about being wanted. Yes, at the same time. I do not mean wanted sexually or of that kind, just as company. But, the blossom of one friendship could lead to the dissolution of another. I am being torn at the seams, much like Thom Yorke sings/asks in "We Suck Young Blood."

It sucks. One side argues out of childish emotions. The other doesn't argue. And I am someone who prides himself on maturity. I wish the two sides would find a resolution, but with the 'ass' comes the stubbornness.

I do not wish to part with either group. I'm having fun. As in, I am enjoying the conversations and what not. Don't try to take any hidden meanings out of this. In fact, take this with a grain of salt. I just need to vent a bit.

And I need a post for today...