Wednesday, February 04, 2004

People talk about being desensitized and what not. I understand that it is possible, but I think it takes some effort from the individual as well. Watching people die on TV and such is only half of the equation. I truly believe that the other half is controlled by the person. There are many ways to interpret such viewings, and it is a choice.

You can look at it as death to people, there's no hope. After seeing this, you sit in the dark and cry about how you have it bad. On the other hand, you can see it as death, it's happening to people everywhere. But it's natural. Now, how will I let this information define who I am?

Pretty much, I think you can either take it and cry, or build some character. I chose to build character.

Some might say I am desensitized. I hardly show emotion, and I can easily move on past someone even after being emotionally attached to them. When I cry, it's not because of sadness. When I'm sad, no one can tell. When I'm happy, it only shows a little bit. Look at any picture of me, and it will confuse you when you ask what I'm feeling. One person might say I'm content, the other will say I'm furious. Good luck figuring me out.

I don't get this chic in my psych class. She had a chance today to just say my name and get my attention. I was only a foot away. Nothing. So I've decided to fold my hand, grab my chips, and head to a different table. I love gambling, and this isn't much of a setback. Drop in the bucket.

Courtesy is a great thing. I'm full of it. I wish some people knew of its existence.

People gonna get hurt...