Thursday, February 12, 2004

I was just thinknig to myself...

Everyone out there that's getting hits like crazy have one thing in common. They are all original and creative. I must say, I don't know if I have either.

Sure, there's only one 'me' so I guess that counts towards originality. But what do I bring to the table from a creative perspective? What do I bring that someone else hasn't?

So I was just now thinking about how I could start trying to write non-sensical things and call it a creative overflow. But then it hit me...I don't have my creativity anymore. I can't write fiction, poetry, or short stories. I can't.

Give me a topic, and I can write a column for you. That's it. It made me think about switching majors to Journalism, but then people told me that if I wanted to get into sports, I'd have to start at the bottom. That would mean the lesser sports, such as golf, or Nascar. My area of knowledge only extends to football and basketball, more so to basketball. I understand the pick and roll. I know how to do post moves. I know how to shoot. For football, I can throw a ball pretty well, I can catch almost anything thrown in my direction, and I can run pretty fast. No lateral movement though, because these knees are older than me. A t least, that's how it feels. Yes, those are examples of actually playing the game, but I can set up plays, manage player rotations, and I know what to do in special situations.

Those broadcast announcers echo exactly what I say, even though they can't hear me. It'll be like, "Why'd he throw to Galloway? Bryant had the slant!" and then the announcers would say, "Well, looking at this replay, Quincy just made a bad decision. Galloway had too much coverage, and Bryant was wide open." For real, I have witnesses.

Either way, going back home tomorrow. So I probably won't have a post for Saturday. Sorry. But yea, I've only had one question asked so far, and I'm going to need more. Even if you are just joking. Well, gonna go to two classes (I'm skipping two others so me and my friend can avoid traffic and weather) but unfortunately, they are my two morning classes. Oh, wait. No CS tomorrow, 'cause he cancelled. YES! One class, and I'm done.

Off to my dreams. Gonna sleep.