Sunday, February 08, 2004

I've made plans for this coming Friday. Going to the ball court, gonna bring a camcorder, and I'm gonna record myself shooting around. I need to figure out where my problems are and how I should fix them. It took me a week or two to learn how to place my feet right. Parallel, pointing directly at the goal. If it helps, you can have one foot just a little bit ahead of the other (That's how Garnett shoots). Knees should bend right beneath you (If you watch Dirk shoot, you'll notice that his knees pinch inwards. That's because he's so tall). I'm not sure how the ball is supposed to be placed, but some of the best shooters don't follow that mold (Bird, Peja). The release is important as well (Ray Allen's release causes the ball to take weird rotations and movements. He still hits it). I know what the fundamentals are, I just have to get a better look at it. When I'm shooting the ball, I can't be looking down at my feet. So yea, plans for friday night. Awesome.