Friday, February 27, 2004

After a couple of days off, I'm finally up to posting again. It's not like a ton of things have happened during my break, but I figure I should at least write something.

Both of the tests I missed are rescheduled for Monday. This is good. E is having some party thing tomorrow night, well, tonight really since it's already saturday. He wants me to come because I know how to bartend. He says that all the youngens there drink Everclear and just get trashed. I know what he means. People here that I know just drink to get drunk. No class, no sophistication. Back in the day when I could drink, it was strictly for relaxation purposes. I would never get smashed or such. And I didn't do shots as fast as possible to get a 'buzz.' I had a pace and I had a style. I know how to drink, and it's a shame I can't use that knowledge.

But yea, he doesn't like the idea that the people there are going to make crap stuff. He doesn't want to just throw up his guts and feel crappy the next morning. He wants to enjoy every moment to the max. It's understandable. So he wants me there to make drinks and to possibly meet some of the more interesting chics. That's what I would do this for. That'd be the main reason. Go to some party, chics love the bartender, and I'm good. Of course, I'm not going to drink. I can't. And with the new medication, alcohol is just off limits no matter what. I don't give in to peer pressure, so that's in my favor.

Either way. No other plans for this weekend, except for some heavy study on Sunday. I want to make As on these tests. It would definitely help me heal faster.

By the which, Mavs and Sacto both won Thursday night. To all those NBA 'analysts' out there, you can eat my ass. You don't need the top defense to win games. All the time, ESPN is talking about how the Spurs can repeat because of their superior defense. That number one defense couldn't stop the Mavs. Sac, another offensive heavy team, won their game. You don't need pure defense. You just have to outplay the other team. Sac and Mavs are destined to meet in the Western finals. I want the score to be tied in game 7. I want 35 seconds on the clock. I want Peja to hit a jumper with his foot on the 3-point line. With 10 seconds left, I want to see the ball in Dirk's hands for the game-winning 3. I don't care if it falls or not, that's just ideal to me.

I'm all the way for the Mavs. I appreciate Sac and what they have brought to the table. I understand the greatness of both teams. It's just like, my favorite player isn't in Dallas. Even though his team is losing, my fave player is still Tracy McGrady. Number two is Dirk. Number three is Peja. I have my T-Mac Bball shoes, and I have the Nowitski jersey. I don't have anything belonging to Peja. Except for his game style. I love spotting at the 3, I love trying my reverse layup, and I love it when people fear my outside shot.

Last time I played a full-court game, I took the first shot for my team, and I sank it. College 3-point line. Nothing but net. I didn't make another shot after that. I didn't get the ball much after that. But that guy opposite me stuck with me the rest of the game. It's about respect. I want people to say, "Crap, I need to guard him." I like that.