Tuesday, March 23, 2004

What fun!

Red Blood Cell Mass Count. This is what happens...

They draw blood from your right arm, mix it with Chromium-51 for 30 minutes. Then they inject it back into your left arm and let that circulate for 20 minutes. Then they draw blood again from your right arm. The injection needle is thin and doesn't hurt much. The drawing needle is thick as hell and does hurt. Not enough to make me cry, but enough for me to say, "ooh."

Skipped the liver 'scan' because it takes two hours, and I was definitely not prepared for that. That also involves more injections. Still went to the stomach doctor, and pretty much I'm fine now in that area. Says I got a little bit of the reflux, but not enough to do something drastic.

So yea, today has been real fun. And really, I was planning to play basketball this afternoon. Even at 5, I still thought about at least shooting around. Gonna play tomorrow hopefully. Supposed to rain or something. I played on a wet court once, and it's not fun by any measure.

Received my fashion help, and it has been determined that I finally need to break down and buy some jeans. I hate jeans. I really do. But if I can look better in them, and be able to wear my new shoes, then I'm all for it.

When it comes to fashion, I'm your typical khakis with a blue shirt kind of guy. I stick with it because I know I look decent in it. Brighter colors don't usually mix well with my skin tone. Dark blues and blacks mix well though. There are two types of mexicans. Those who can wear gold, and those who can wear other, like silver or platinum. I am the latter. So of course, my basic outfit is dark khakis, dark blue shirt, silver chain, and my oh-so-favorite titanium ring. Cap it off with some navy blue shoes, and I'm good. Although, I need to think about getting some brown boots. I saw some Lugz that really caught my attention. The brown and white ones. Real nice. I could go all ghetto. Huge baggy pants, my white shoes, and my Nowitski jersey with the white shirt underneath. Eh, that's not real "Urban." Maybe if I had a Mavericks cap also. But I don't wear caps because my hair needs to flow freely. OOOOooooh. I got this gel/dye that spikes hair and turns it blue. Real sweet. Already tried the red one.

Really don't have much else to say. Maybe I should take a break.