Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I know, it's late. But this dream is stuck in me. A lot like that one I posted a while back. I think it's just that, for a minute during the dream I realized it was all fake. But that didn't stop me from enjoying it. It felt so real, and I didn't want it to end. The whole idea that I was happy again, and people were so happy that pictures were taken, it just blows my mind away.

For one thing, I hate pictures and I hate being in them even more. I usually don't care what the situation is or whatever. If it involves me smiling or something, I try my best to avoid it. Yet, in my dream, I was sitting down just posing. Smiling. Everything was so good, it didn't bother me. She sat with me, arms around my neck, looking into the cameras. She was smiling. And she looked as good as ever.

Walking through the hallways afterward, I was still hanging my arm on her and thinking about what possibly could have caused this. Even though I couldn't find an answer, I didn't feel confused. It felt so right. Crowds were splitting for us as we walked, and they were smiling as well. This all took place in my old high school, so I figure the crowd was all of my old classmates. And they would have to know about the relationship to begin with. So this narrows it down even further.

When I look back on it now, I feel as if it was a hint at the life the famous lead. Spotted in the same room as a past love, the paparazzi all show up and start heating up their flashes. Pictures have to be taken for tabloids all over the world. I know my smile wasn't fake, but what if her's was? It could have been, but on the other hand it could also have been genuine. What's with the photos and what-not? Would it really be such a big deal? I guess those who know the circumstances would find it hard to believe, but certainly not worthy of that kind of attention.

If it were to happen in real life, I must say that a huge burden would be lifted from my shoulders. I have this bit of guilt that's hanging with me everywhere I go. And to think that I wouldn't have to "hunt" any more, that would definitely help me heal faster. Stress would leave, internal problems would leave, my frustration, anger, and stubbornness would all vanish. I would become an even better person. A step closer to perfection.

But that doesn't appear to be my path. Only in my dreams. That's fine, though.