Thursday, March 11, 2004

Q: Why do some guys openly say "I'm a nice guy" whether they are or not?

A: As far as I know, they do it as a defense mechanism. From a guy's perspective, if a guy feels rejected, or feels that they are about to be rejected, they will make one last play to save their effort. This could be anything from a very general compliment to a statement such as, "I'm a nice guy." Chics want nice guys, right?

I don't know. I'm openly saying I'm a nice guy. Quite possibly the nicest that you will meet. Then again, don't catch me on one of my bad days when the bus doesn't come. Even on those days, I smile, listen, and see to one's comfort. For some, I'll gladly give up my bed, especially if their other option isn't 'fun.' That doesn't sound right, but don't take it dirty-mindedly, or some word meaning that. For others, I will gladly listen to whatever you need to say. For others, I'll buy you things, surprise you with compliments, and make you feel like royalty. No matter what, as long as I don't hate you, I'll help you.

With that being said, I am single. Supposedly my friend E is going to set me up with some chic, but I don't think he knows how to set people up. It wouldn't exactly be a blind date, because I know what she looks like. Date? What?

It's just that, from all the movies we've watched, all the TV we've watched, and all the stories we've heard, we have learned that nice guys get hot chics, or nice girls at the very least. So if we advertise ourselves as such, we should obtain the same results. Of course, from experience I have concluded that the previously mentioned information is false. Nice guys do not always get the prize. In fact, nice guys usually finish last.

Any guy who plays that card, that last ace up their sleeve, is obviously desperate. Don't do it. Don't fall for it hot chics out there.

By the way, I'm a nice guy.

(This answer is made possible through A's curious mind. Please thank her.)