Monday, October 27, 2003

So yea, the NBA regular season starts later tonight. Gonna watch the Mavs take on the Lakers. They better outscore them by 50. With all of that shooting, there better be a record breaker.

Still single, although I feel a little better. Well, to a point...

It's winter, and winter can be one of the worst seasons for single people. Couples get a little bit closer, and couples stay indoors more. If you're walking through a hallway and you see a couple hold hands, it can be a nice sight. It can also really piss you off. Maybe that's not what I mean. It can really put you in a bad mood.

It makes you realize that you're missing out on something. You are missing out on something enjoyable and satisfying. And while you create self-pity, the other guy you see is smiling his fake A off. Deep down, you know you could take her away. But it goes against every one of your morals.

I can't even think about any chic who is currently in a relationship. Bad history sparked that. But if a chic currently involved said to me, "Hey, let's ditch him, and we can be an item," I wouldn't be able to accept. It would kill me. And if I dated a chic who told me a month later she was seeing someone also, she would defintely be on my "Do not talk to" list. Even after breaking up, I still would remember, and I would not be able to trust her again. Rabble rabble rabble.

What makes the winter so great for starting a relationship is the fact that you miss out on the family holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, whatever. You have a very early relationship, and it's not yet time to meet the folks. In fact, the next holiday you can celebrate with your significant other is Valentine's Day, or quite possibly New Year's Eve. Neither of those are as bad. Why? Because at that point, you have a girlfriend, so you can laugh at the single people. Those are the two holidays where being single sucks the most. You don't want to spend New Year's Eve passed out alone on some bed. You don't want to spend Valentine's Day by yourself. Once you get past Feb. 14th, what's the next holiday? None. But if you count Spring Break, well that's a week to be single. You don't want to have missed opportunites.

But yea, if I see you in the hallway, the two of you just standing there, I'm gonna get a mean face on. Save your love for behind closed doors. Rub someone else's nose in it. You don't want me in a bad mood. "But Andy, you can get a girlfriend, and then you won't be so bitter." Bah Humbug. Could whatever. Kiss my A. I'll be bitter when I damn well please. Get out of my face.