Wednesday, September 10, 2003

On my web site, it says, "I forgot to mention that one of the main things I look for is a good singing voice. There's just something about meeting up with your woman after a hard day, and having her sing you something real slow and soothing." Somehow, this put the wrong image into my roommate's head. He imagined that I would walk in the door all sweaty after working out, and then my woman's eyes would see mine, and then she would burst into some aria. That's not at all what I was trying to say or describe. I definitely mean a song like something Mazzy Star would do, or Sarah McLachlan. I don't need some Charlotte Church or crap. How would that make me feel better?

Here is a small excerpt from one of Mazzy Star's good songs.

"I look to you when I see nothing,
I look to you to see the truth."

How can that not work for a guy?

I didn't get to play basketball because the weather was getting bad. That could be why my knee was hurting, the whole change in pressure or whatever. It's still humid outside. Kinda sucks. I'll probably try to play basketball tomorrow. Friday I get to go home for the weekend. I really want it to be kept quiet. I don't want to go out much while I'm there.

From now on, I'm going to post a quote from my roommate with every entry on this thing. Here goes with the first one.

"You're rubbing off on me." (But he took that the most wrong way possible.)